Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture supports our overall health with a focus on revitalizing the face. It does this by maximizing our inner vitality. After a treatment your eyes will glow with radiance, and your inner beauty will shine through.
While acupuncture has been used for thousands of years to treat problems like pain and nausea, it’s been gaining popularity as a way to temporarily reduce wrinkles and tone the skin. The procedure takes about an hour and involves the insertion of hair-thin needles into points on the face as well as on the body
Some practitioners advertise the process as an “acupuncture facelift,” though more tradition-minded practitioners blanch at the term. Quite frankly, that is an improper label for what amounts to an organic healing process. There is a little discomfort when the needles are inserted into the skin. The process is not painful and does it require any down time. It does not cause scars, bruises or irritation. You can go back to your normal life right after the treatment.
Research tell us that Facial Rejuvenation will stimulate the circulation of blood flow and collagen production, as well as increasing facial muscle and skin tone, thus maximizing the beautifying effect.
Traditional Chinese medicine holds that all organs are connected by meridians that evenly distribute blood and energy through our bodies. Healing occurs by restoring overall balance where there was once stasis, or inactivity of the life process. It’s said that the needles activate the flow of blood and energy into the many vessels and nerves on the face. This creates a circulatory passageway on the skin’s surface to smooth wrinkles, improve metabolism and provide nourishment to the muscles.
Acupuncture face-lift or rejuvenation actually treats the whole body. It’s impossible to treat just the face, because it’s just a symptom, a mirror to what’s going on in the body. You have to work on the basics and Acupuncture will do the rest. Traditional Chinese Medicine concentrates on the health of the whole person. So, the concept would be insuring the remainder of the patient’s body – as well as the face – is healthy. Consequently, some rejuvenation patients have noticed, for instance, their digestion or arthritis, also improving after facial treatments.
Plastic surgery is visible. They pull up the skin, but if you don’t have normal blood circulation, your face will still look dull. Plastic surgery can never improve your skin’s appearance or give it a nice pinkish color. You’ll look lifted and that’s it.
To recap- The benefits of Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture may include
- Improved muscle tone and dermal contraction,
- Increased collagen production,
- Reduction of bags under the eyes,
- Reduction of sagging and jowls,
- Decreased puffiness around the face,
- Elimination of fine lines on the face,
- Reduction of larger wrinkles,
- Hormonal balancing for hormonal acne or dry skin,
- Moistening of the skin through increased circulation to the face,
- Improvement of facial color through increased circulation,
- Tightening of the pores,
- Lifting of drooping eyelids,
- Reduction of age spots,
- Reduction of stress evident in the face,
- Emergence of one’s innate beauty and radiance.
Safe Alternative to Botox and Surgery
In today’s culture of plastic surgery and botox injections, acupuncture offers a safer, more holistic alternative.
The practice of acupuncture to enhance beauty dates back to China’s Song Dynasty (960-1279 A.D.). The Empress and the Emperor’s concubines used it during this time. Known in China as Mei Rong, these techniques are referred to in the West as:, Acupuncture Facelift, Cosmetic Acupuncture, or Facial Rejuvenation Acupuncture.
A typical course of treatment consists of 10 consecutive treatments to see results. The first 4 treatments should be performed twice per week. After the initial course of 7 treatments, monthly or seasonal maintenance sessions are recommended to prolong the effects of the acupuncture.
Nutritional changes, herbal supplements, herbal/flower essences, and meditation coaching may all be included in the program to further support the process of enhancing health and illuminating beauty.
* I use handpicked, top quality, botanical sprays and moisturizers to further enhance the treatment.
- I have personally developed a facial mask, eye rejuvenator, toner and other facial products that are made from fresh herbs. I use these products during a session but they may be purchased separately so that you may maintain your skin’s radiance. Price will vary due to the seasonal pricing fluctuations of fresh herbs.
- I also carry a full line of a wonderful nutritional support system. These supplements target skin reconstruction thus restoring your skin form the inside out.
* The effects of facial rejuvenation are cumulative and last up to several years, with maintenance.